Wednesday, January 30, 2008
The Beauty of Creation
It never ceases to amaze me how many people there are out there who truly believe in their heart of hearts that the universe came to be out of a "Big Bang." Smart, college educated, and otherwise extremely intelligent people who believe that we weren't created at all, but that we simply just came to be. It blows my mind. I think about modern technology... and all of the many man made creations that exist today.... How intricate is a computer, for example? Would you ever believe that a computer could just come to be? Of course not. It took an idea, a thought process, and great planning to accomplish the end result. How much more intricate is the universe and all that is in it? Human beings alone should be enough to prove once and for all that as the Bible says in Psalm 139:14, we were fearfully and wonderfully made. As a nursing student, and someone who is very intrigued by the workings of the human body, I find myself amazed. Each of our body systems are so complex, and work synergistically in such an extraordinary way. How can anyone look at just one of these systems and not clearly see a creator at work. Even to look at a beautiful work of art, such as a painting... and what goes into that. It takes inspiration and a deliberate act of picking up the brush to begin the work. Could the paints ever just throw themselves onto the canvas without the artist? Of course not! This is common sense. It is so basic and clear. We were the breathtaking result of the greatest artist and creator that will ever be... who in creating us in His own likeness and image, made us creators... just like Him! How awesome is that??? And, how obvious? I don't care what kind of science you can throw at me about heated molecules and density, or how fancy and elaborate it all sounds. Because it is apparent to me, that sometimes people are just so smart, they are stupid. Almost too cerebral, so that they miss the obvious in trying to find their answers. How sad that not everyone can feel God in a gentle breeze, or see Him in a majestic sky. Today as I sat in my car on my lunch break, I was trying to fiddle with my phone, and I literally felt God beckoning me as I looked at the wind blowing through the trees. And the moment I dropped what I was doing it became so evident that He was communicating His love for me. It started off slow and got gradually stronger and heavier. It was as if the trees were dancing for me. And then all at once they just stopped. Total silence. No movement whatsoever. At which point I knew it was my turn. It was my turn to say, "Thank you." And I did. God is good. Thank you Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment